Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh Otis!!

Thanks for the offer-will see how it goes. I hate to send him away for any length of time (but I did take a little road trip this week to escape!). The trainer has some suggestions for his "bossiness", like totally ignore him when he escalates. He had a new toy and would not drop it, I walked away and he came from behind and nipped my ankle, I yelped so loud, I think it scared him half to death. Anyway, I think it is getting better. He can be very affectionate, too, and enjoys attention. He can still be mouthy at times but is not biting (too much) My son took him to visit a friend and family, Otis spent some time running around the woods while they were working out there. Long story short, he came home covered in burrs! Took a couple grooming sessions to get most of them out but he was pretty patient.
He did much better at his last session w/the groomer too. He also has discovered a world outside his yard so now has lost some freedom until he understands his borders. Gets walks 2-3 times/day, enjoys meeting people and dogs. My son thinks his behavior is worse towards women, more jumping and mouthing. He may be right but it needs to stop. Operation next month, maybe that will help. He gets a little wild w/the kids but does settle down after a bit.
Sounds like all I do is complain! We do love him, just need to work through some of these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment