Monday, January 2, 2012

Gus update

the board and train facility is local. it is called american canine academy. it offers lifetime group clases and 5 one-on-ones after a 4 week board and train ... now this training was to get gus started on the basics. i had a surgery done the first week of august and felt that because of that and the recovery time that i didn't want to blow a prime learning age....and it also gave me a respit for recovery. however, gus got very good remarks and he took to the training very well. since getting him home i have been taking advantage of the group classes to further things along. He does very well on lead and ok off lead. what i am working on now is to improve his off lead results. they are working with me on that as well. The only real issue i have with him, and he is getting much better, is to not be so mouthy. he isn't too bad with me, but more so with my significant other.... she isn't the assertive alpha type with him so he tends to take advantage of her. but he is learning and we are making progress. now the mouthiness is not an aggressive type of thing but more of a "keep on petting me and loving me cause i am not done yet" sort of thing.
He is wonderful though and lots of fun. we enjoy his companionship tremendously. he is at my side almost 24/7 and likes to help out no matter what i may be doing..... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment